Login Failed at Windows Update

wids001 14 Jul 11

Has anyone else had probs with last nights updates? Running Win 7 64bit, system update with 5 updates on shutdown. Went thru normal shutdown procedure but normally updates show 30% before shutting down.

On restart update got to 30% before rebooting then completed to 100% and the login screen. Then I noticed that whilst I could move the curser I couldn't enter my password either by typing it in or by touchscreen. CTR#ALT#DEL did nothing so I had to force a shutdown by holding power button in.

On reboot I went into safe mode and it loaded various files before shutting down. When I again switch on I was recommended to run the start-up repair program, which I did and after rebooting am able to get back into my system.

Anyone have any ideas why this happened or has anyone else had problems after the last updates?

wids001 14 Jul 11

Should have said that normally the system updates to 30% before shutdown but this time it didn't, after the warning not to shut down computer, updating file 5 of 6, "shutting down" came up and the system shut down seemingly as normal.

wids001 14 Jul 11

This is strange. The 5 updates from 13.07.11 are showing as being successfully installed. However I am now being told I have the same 5 updates ready to be installed again! The updates are KB2507938, KB2532531, KB2555917,KB2533623, KB890830.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message