Login in

obbit 16:48 26 Oct 05

I can't login straight away because of a silly popup so i don't think I'll bother. Good bye PC advisor.

rawprawn 17:11 26 Oct 05

That's a shame, we all get fed up with popups and I think the FT one at the moment is OTT, but as has been said before the site is free and has to be paid for one way or another. I would like to see that one disappear and more user friendly popups used in this forum.

Hamish 18:07 26 Oct 05

Hello obbit,

Sorry to read that you are going. I do not like the popups but feel that over the years I have logged on to this site it is a small price to pay considering the help and information I have received from members of the forum such as you. The forum is also been a place to pass some time when feeling bored and I for one glad that I am a member.

Hope it is not really good bye but if it is thanks for your input

wee eddie 18:31 26 Oct 05

I don't get it on my log-in screen.

Micromagic 18:58 26 Oct 05

Hello Obbit

It is a crying shame that you are going to miss out so many essential PC knowledge presented to you in such a impressive way.
Here are a few suggestion:
Install an Yahoo Toolbar which has a Pop up Stopper.
Yahoo Toolbar is free, or/and
Panicware Pop Stopper Professional - even the free version works well.
If you want more then instal Spyware Doctor.
Again, free version is very good.

I have all these and I have yet to be distracted by any Pop Ups, except in rare occassion!

stalion 19:06 26 Oct 05

ok so the pop up advert is a bit annoying but I feel you are over reacting seeing as this forum is free.If you can not log in straight away shut your browser and open again and steer clear of the point that activates the advert.
It seems some people are never pleased no matter what is available and as the F.E. HAS SAID COUNTLESS TIMES NOW NO ADVERTS NO FORUM.

Audeal 19:36 26 Oct 05

obbit: As always, we do not like to loose members who can and are a valuable source of help. We do understand how frustrated these popups can be.

If you would like to access this forum without having to sign in every time, thus avoiding this popup then I can supply you with an icon to put on your desktop. Just click on it and enter this forum without having to sign in. One click and your there.

If you would like a copy of the icon plus one for entering your postings then drop me a line with your e-mail address and I will send you a copy including instructions on how to set it up. This way you will not have to leave us at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…