logik mp3 player model HDD33

betty_boo48 22:29 26 Dec 05

i bought my daughters this mp3 player for christmas and we havent been able to use at all. We hav installed drivers and accessories. We have moved mp3/wma files over to the device but we have been unable to play them. when we press play as we select the tracks to play the device shows the tracks and it flicks through them without playing them at all - no sound can be heard but when we record and play a voice recording we can hear that. please can anyone help? thanks for reading this query.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:56 26 Dec 05

The key to this player is that it has many little (annoying?) nuances:

1. The firmware is on the CD (Jukebox Restore) and will only properly work on computers with Win '98SE and anything later. Always turn the player on first and when it has started up fully then you can plug in the USB connector to the top of the player. I got the Runtime error when I was using a comp with only Win'98 installed.

2. To download songs onto the player from Windows Media, insert your CD and you need to Rip the songs onto your computers hard drive (in Windows Media 10 there is a tab at the top for this).

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THAT (THROUGH THE OPTIONS MENU HERE) TAHT YOU ARE CONVERTING (RIPPING) THE CD AS MP3'S.

Once a CD has been 'ripped' you can 'Sync' (tab at the top) these with the 'Jukebox' (your player). When you turn your player on, all of these songs will appear in the EXPLORER option on the player's menu. **I would love to know if anyone knows a way to put these on the player so that they appear in the 'Artists', 'Genre' and 'Year' etc, sections too?**

3. If the player appears 'stuck, frozen etc. Press the buttons 'Play', 'Menu' and 'Select' simultaneously and he player will re-set - this has so ar cured any big problems I have come across (especially with trying to Install Firmware etc.)

4. You can view all of the info on the player by going to 'My Computer' and looking in 'Jukebox' treating just like a regular hard disk (you can even store other unrelated files for transfer on it if you wish).

Hope this make sense

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:58 26 Dec 05

The key to this player is that it has many little (annoying?) nuances:

1. The firmware is on the CD (Jukebox Restore) and will only properly work on computers with Win '98SE and anything later. Always turn the player on first and when it has started up fully then you can plug in the USB connector to the top of the player. I got the Runtime error when I was using a comp with only Win'98 installed.

2. To download songs onto the player from Windows Media, insert your CD and you need to Rip the songs onto your computers hard drive (in Windows Media 10 there is a tab at the top for this).

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THAT (THROUGH THE OPTIONS MENU HERE) TAHT YOU ARE CONVERTING (RIPPING) THE CD AS MP3'S.

Once a CD has been 'ripped' you can 'Sync' (tab at the top) these with the 'Jukebox' (your player). When you turn your player on, all of these songs will appear in the EXPLORER option on the player's menu. **I would love to know if anyone knows a way to put these on the player so that they appear in the 'Artists', 'Genre' and 'Year' etc, sections too?**

3. If the player appears 'stuck, frozen etc. Press the buttons 'Play', 'Menu' and 'Select' simultaneously and he player will re-set - this has so ar cured any big problems I have come across (especially with trying to Install Firmware etc.)

4. You can view all of the info on the player by going to 'My Computer' and looking in 'Jukebox' treating just like a regular hard disk (you can even store other unrelated files for transfer on it if you wish).

Hope this make sense

betty_boo48 18:13 28 Dec 05

tried for hours to try and sort this out, and we have taken them back to the retailer. we had a exchange, thank you ,Fruit Bat /\0/\

70ssal 19:04 29 Dec 05

Hi - I have the same MP3 player - I had the same problem as Betty Boo and I've taken it back once cos I thought it was faulty and the shop agreed with me. Thanks to your advice, I can now get it to play, but it is skipping through the tracks with little or no sound coming through the speakers - kind of like when a CD jumps. These are WMA files stored on my harddrive that I downloaded from Napster. The sample music (also WMA files) that were already on my hard drive plays on the player fine - it's my downloaded files I' having problems with. What can I do to play these files?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…