Logik HDD33 3.3GB "HDD Access Error" Problem

willmax 17:15 16 Jan 06

I got a Logik 3.3GB MP3 player for Christmas. It has worked fine on my computer (Windows 98SE) and my girlfriends (Windows XP) computer. I've also encounted no problems with it until Saturday, when I turned it on and it says "HDD Access Error", and turns off.

Now, reading the manual, it states

"If bad sectors are generated in the HDD due to physical impact or other causes, the player will not working normally (there grammar not mine!). Please use the scan disk program in the Windows operating system to fix the error".

Well - that doesn't work. The player is no longer recognised as a hard disk, it doesn't show up on My Computer anymore and is not recognised by the computer anywhere.

It was my main christmas present and one I've very much liked until now so I'm desperate to fix it. I'm also going on my travels shortly, which is the reason I wanted an MP3 player, so I need to fix it pretty sharpish.

I've tried e-mail Sigmatel, who apparantly make these things, but as yet have got no response after 3 days.

If anyone could offer any advice i'd greatly appreciate it. Either reply to this thread or e-mail me at [email protected].

I've seen a few other people have had this problem so you could be helping out quite a few people!

Thank you.

DieSse 17:37 16 Jan 06

It sounds very much like the unit is faulty, and will have to be returned under warranty.

If the unit itself and Windows can't even recognise it as a Hard Disk - then there is nothing you can run to repair it.

willmax 17:44 16 Jan 06

Its strange though. I plug it into my computer, and a icon comes up in the tray, saying USB Card Reader...but no drive name. It knows something is plugged in but it doesn't know what to do with it i don't think.

DieSse 17:57 16 Jan 06

The USB software in your system can see the player - but that's just the electronics/interface part of the player - it can't see the drive, because presumably it's faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5