Logging on to receive e mail.

TonyV 22:51 13 Nov 07

I have had a few problems with my machine this weekend with trying to delete Office 2000. I managed to take it off but could not take the 2nd disc element off. So I then reloaded it in the same position. My problem now is that in Outlook and Outlook Express, every time I try to collect my e mail it flashes up to ask me to log in.

My account is the default account and my wife's is the next one. Hers is working fine but mine steadfastly refuses to connect for my mail.

I have done the obvious like removing my account name and re setting it up, but it still will not collect my mail. All that happens is the window comes up asking to log in.

I have XP SP2, OE6 and Outlook 2000. The error message is:-"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'Tony V.....', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Error logging in. Please visit click here', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92". I know the password is correct.

What do I have to do to get the thing working for my account?

Many thanks

TonyV

p;3 22:57 13 Nov 07

try this ;follow this

click here

choose manual set up ;

see if this 'walk through 'can find a mistake or fault in your programing ?

p;3 23:01 13 Nov 07

and the BT server page to log in for your mail on line is click here
which is for BTYahoo which is your portal
and NOT

click here

which is the Yahoo.co.uk thingi completley different !!!

TonyV 23:06 13 Nov 07

Thanks for coming back so quickly. I did something very similar to what you have suggested and went in to the BT Yahoo! account page and changed my password, they then went in and changed the settings automatically. It is now connecting OK on both OE and Outlook.

Panic over! I'll close this out now.

Many thanks

TonyV

p;3 00:04 14 Nov 07

that is something I have now learnt as I did not know that you CAN change your password although it is probably stating the obvious that you CAN!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…