logging in to pcadvisor is getting impossible

laptopdunce 12:02 14 Apr 14

why is it now almost impossible to log into pcadvisor with your email address?? the little icons for google/hotmail etc., dont appear when you try and log in with your email address, I have had to write this message first and then when trying to post it the log-in page appears, and only then can I log-in with my gmail email address. LAPTOPDUNCE

Batch 17:08 14 Apr 14

create a shortcut in the following format (without the spaces after // and www.) and substitue your email address and password. It will then take you straight to the login page and all you have to do is click on the login button.

http:// www. pcadvisor.co.uk/login/?action=login&email=MYEMAIL&password=MYPASSWORD

wee eddie 18:15 14 Apr 14

That's because IDG want your Facebook/Twitter/G+ Contact List.

Cynical - Moi!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:47 14 Apr 14

Once logged in make sure you save the cookie and don't let any of the browser cleaners like CCleaner remove it.

Then when you select the forum page you will automatically be logged in.

laptopdunce 21:05 14 Apr 14

Ok have done that with the link you sent, when I open that up in the browser address bar it takes me to an "update" page and I just click on update for the details it already has for me but then it just goes back to the same "update" page (doesnt say "your info has been saved") so I dont know if this means I can log straight in now?? laptopdunce

BT 08:04 15 Apr 14

As *Fruit Bat /\0/* says. I never have to log in, just click on the link in my Bookmarks bar and go straight there.

lotvic 11:35 15 Apr 14

If you are having problem over saving the cookie etc. this is the login page www.pcadvisor.co.uk/login/ or if you want it as a link click here before you put your details in, bookmark the page.

Batch 13:50 15 Apr 14

If it takes you to the update page, then you are already logged in (probably 'cos you haven't cleared your cookies). In which case, ignore the update and just click on the menu items to navigate round the site.

Forum Editor 14:57 15 Apr 14

wee eddie

"That's because IDG want your Facebook/Twitter/G+ Contact List."

That's absolute nonsense, you should know better than to post such a comment.

wee eddie 15:55 15 Apr 14

FE: I was under the impression that that was the reason that several of my Regular Spots are now trying to get one to use ones Facebook/Twitter/G+ Identity to Sign In.

p.s. I have returned to the fold and removed AdBlocker. I am glad to see that the Wrap Around Adverts have now gone, but I am fascinated by the "Parish Pump" spots, advertising a selection the weird and wonderful Offers that the Web abounds.

laptopdunce 13:43 16 Apr 14

It seems to be better now, as I click on log in, it opens a little window for logging in with facebook, google and something else (twitter or something) but now I get in with my gmail address ok, thanks laptopdunce

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…