Logging in to PC Advisor

Bingalau 06:33 16 Jun 08

I switched my computer on this morning and found that I was still logged in to this site from yesterday. This has happened before but not very often. I'm just curious as to why it should happen. It would save me a few seconds logging on every morning if I could set it that way.

Technotiger 06:41 16 Jun 08

In your Profile you have the option to tick a box for the site to 'remember' you or keep you logged in, I can't remember the exact wording as it was so long since I did mine. Click on My Profile at the top-right and you will have the option to edit your profile to set it as you wish.

birdface 10:24 16 Jun 08

When you shut your computer down.Did you use Stand By or Hibernate bye mistake.

spuds 11:55 16 Jun 08

Sometimes I forget to log off, before final shut-down, and no login is required next time. Perhaps this could be the answer!.

jack 11:59 16 Jun 08

Most of the sites I visit that require 'Logon' have within the site set up - 'Automatically log on each visit'box to tick

In addition your Browser IE/FireFox/whatever] will have- when first sign onto a site 'Do you want to remember this password?'

What can upset it?
A Clean up [CCleaner for example] and removal of cookies is one.
Any other scanning of your A/V- Firewall is another.

Rob_08 12:01 16 Jun 08

I always auto log in. Saves hassle.

anchor 13:26 16 Jun 08

I never log-out, and am automatically logged in whenever I go to the PCA forum site.

I assume that my CounterSpy has removed extraneous cookies, (it`s set to do so), after my late afternoon scan.

Bingalau 14:02 16 Jun 08

Thanks for the replies everybody. I checked the My Profile bit and I am ticked to be automatically logged in. But it is not happening that way except every now and again... Not to worry because it's no bother really, I was just curious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…