Logging in to network

Electronic_Eric 18:47 14 May 08

Hi,

This year coming i will be going to university. My mother often needs help doing things on the computer. I want to be able able to log in to the network and do remote assistance. I am connected to the Internet via a Netgear router.

Now without opening a port on the router is there any way where i can log in to the network from the Internet and be able to do the remote assistance?

Hope to hear from you soon,

simmo09 19:19 14 May 08

im not of a free way, but there are tools out there, i cannot personally comment on any myself, but i can link you to some programs which may do what you need (apologies if not):

-> click here
-> click here
-> click here

its a starting point :)

geewis357 19:33 14 May 08

There is a feature within xp that allows you to do exactly what you wish. It involves sending a request by e-mail then answering it first you need to set your mothers pc to allow a remote conection and you are in there, look in you xp help under remote connections.

geewis357 19:34 14 May 08

There is a feature within xp that allows you to do exactly what you wish. It involves sending a request by e-mail then answering it first you need to set your mothers pc to allow a remote conection and you are in there, look in you xp help under remote connections.

Electronic_Eric 19:46 14 May 08

As i wrote the thread i had the microsoft remote assistance in mind. Ive just had a go with it with my vista laptop and xp desktop over my network. Everything was a ok. I now wonder if my router will block it with the built in firewall.

geewis357 21:51 14 May 08

Your router should let the connection through if not login to the router and configure it to allow remote connections

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced