Logging in /Logging out

jack 14:36 30 Oct 05

With this site as it was logging in was simply a matter of clicking the button- E-maiil add. and password being permanently displayed because 'Windoze' remembered it.
So far with the new 'Face' I have to type in afresh each time ,Windoze has thus far not offered to remember it.
So is it the site or do my Windoze need a seeing to?

ACOLYTE 14:40 30 Oct 05

Click your user name go to the bottom and click the remember me box,works for me but others have problems as per all the posts on the sibject.

Djohn 14:42 30 Oct 05

Click on your username jack from any topic and it will take you to your profile page. Tick the "Remember Me" box and never log out of PCA, there is no need to log out at all just close down your browser or move on to whatever it is you want to do.

If you want to come direct to the helproom as your first port of call, then open the helproom and copy that address into your favourites as a shortcut. Each time you click on that link it will bring you direct to the helproom with just the one click, no more logging in. the same method works with any of the rooms, just make your choice.

jack 15:03 30 Oct 05

Thank you both for that
Very Prompt- but as winter is official now we wont HAVE to go out side much.
Coinidence is a strange thing I noticed Xzrox post as the pages came back up
All is now saved for pondering iver.

pj123 15:06 30 Oct 05

ACOLYTE and Djohn. Why are you saying click the "remember me" box. There is no remember me box.

There is an Auto login box but that is not the same as the old "remember me" box.

jack 15:11 30 Oct 05

Well I did that, and it all came back that my nick was akeady taken - So I may have to become someone else - We shall play around

jack 15:14 30 Oct 05

I woiuld likel to click this a resolved so that I can mess areound a bit but
That option has gone now- I know it was there on earlier posts

Djohn 15:16 30 Oct 05

Same thing pj, just semantics. tick the "Auto-login" it does exactly the same thing. I was at the time thinking of XP's own function that every time you do something similar to this, a dialogue box appears asking if your want your PC to Remember this account details to save logging in with your username/password each time.

Djohn 15:17 30 Oct 05

Its already ticked as resolved jack

jack 08:36 01 Nov 05

Well having taken on board all the advice it still does not work - for me -yet
Having ticked the box and then clicked 'update'
the pages comes back and says you cant because the names/nickname is already taken.
Ticking the box and not a'updating' simply means it comes back nect time as having to log on again.
Oh well - just keet logging -
Have yet to try the adding a 'forum' to bookmarks though rather then the home page- will gave that a go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now