Log on Windows box!!

peter4076 10:04 13 Apr 06

My earlier thread about getting rid of the nag about logging on to WinXp, I have done what was suggested ie,Click start-run-type "control userpasswords2" etc, have done all that then I done a reboot, and now I get a Logon Windows box with Administrator in the Username box and asking for a password, but I never assigned the computer a password is there a generic one that will get around this dilemma, or a way to get my computer back to how it was.
Your thought as always most appreciated.

vinnyT 10:31 13 Apr 06

If you haven't set a pword, then just leave this box empty, click ok to enter and it should just load into windows.

Hope this helps.

peter4076 10:50 13 Apr 06

Thanks vinnyT...................Nothing happens except this message. " The system could not log you on. Make sure username & domain are correct, then type your password again". Is there a way to get me back to early morning before I tried to remove the Username Logon screen.

VoG II 11:43 13 Apr 06

Where it says Administrator, replace it with Default and leave the password box blank.

vinnyT 11:48 13 Apr 06

Sorry, take a look here, seems to be the same prob as you, click here

When you get back in, i suggest you use tweakUI (a free download from microsoft), it has an auto logon feature which should help.

This, click here, is more to do with windows 2000 but may be worth a read.

Hope this helps. (I'm logging off now, but someone else will be able to help you, I hope).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple