Throttleup 15:27 11 Mar 07

Hi there,

I'm having some problems logging on to certain things lately.

A selection include eBay, MySpace and Messenger is not logging on at all.

I have no idea what's causing this. I use IE 7 and Firefox 2.0.0.2.

Any suggestions? Oh, and I'm running Windows XP. I'm up to date on the updates front.

Graham. 15:29 11 Mar 07

What response do you get when you try to login?

Throttleup 15:46 11 Mar 07

MSN gives error 80048820 then extended error code 80048439.

On eBay it just eventually times out and says it can't display the webpage and tells me to check connection etc.

Graham. 15:50 11 Mar 07

From click here it may be that your system clock is incorrect.

Throttleup 16:09 11 Mar 07

Nope, didn't solve the problem. :(

I wonder if it's something to do with SSL.

Any site that seems to have security on it doesn't seem to work, I just tried Paypal as well and it didn't work.

bof:) 16:14 11 Mar 07

What happened on Paypal when you tried to sign in? Are there any sites you can sign in to? Do they connect quickly?

have you tried running all virus/malware programs you have after updating them? If not, get into safe mode and run them all.

Mike

Throttleup 16:27 11 Mar 07

Nothing happens when I log in.

It just hangs and then it says it cannot be displayed.

Every other website runs quickly though, and I have no problem signing in to this site or 02 for example.

I'll try running AVG and Ad Aware in Safe mode then.

Cheers

bof:) 16:38 11 Mar 07

also try here:

click here?

it will usually tell you if you have any kind of virus/malware infection. If you have, make a note of the name and get back to us.

Throttleup 17:54 11 Mar 07

Ad Aware hasn't picked anything up, neither did AVG.

I just tried to upload a file to Imageshack to show you the errors etc but that also failed.

Is that maybe the problem?

I was tinkering with the router for uTorrent the other night but I've not thought that could do anything as my brothers XBOX 360 is fine and he can still sign in to MSN etc.

bof:) 19:28 11 Mar 07

have you reset your router by unplugging the power from it for a few minutes and putting it back. Reboot your pc after this.

Have you altered the security settings on your router?

is your pc set to automatically find the internet?

start/settings/control panel/network connections/right click internet connection or wireless connection depending upon which you are using/properties/highlight internet protocol (TCP/IP)/properties/ and make sure that obtain IP adress automatically and obtain DNS Server automatically are both selected.

Mike

bof:) 19:34 11 Mar 07

also try resetting everything to how it was before you 'tinkered'. If your like me you've probably turned something off or on that you maybe should not have done.

Also try with only your pc connected to the router.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…