log on problem - windows XP home

Billy911 09:50 19 Jul 05

I have just changed my password to gain access to windows xp on my home computer where I am the only user. Unfortunately I have forgotten the new password and therefore cannot get passed the user name/password screen after using CTRL + ALT +DELETE.
As there are no files on my computer only application programs like Microsoft Excel etc. is the best option to reinstall windows xp? Is this possible? or do I have to keep trying to remember the new password?
Thanks for any help

Eric10 10:01 19 Jul 05

For Windows XP Home you need to boot up in Safe Mode. This will bring you to the Administrator login screen where the password is usually blank. In other words, leave the password field blank and just press Enter. Once you are in you can change or remove the offending password for your own account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…