Log On And Password

David4637 17:33 PM 10 Apr 11

On the old PCA system you could put your log on details and password in the URL. This won't work on the new PCA Forum? Please advise how this can be added in the URL so it will work? Thanks David

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:12 PM 10 Apr 11

Use as a homepage or paste a link on your desktop or favourites (bookmarks)

as long as you do not delete (or set your browser to keep)the PCA cookie then you will be logged in when you enter the site.

David4637 09:38 AM 11 Apr 11

Thanks for that, will give it a try David

David4637 09:42 AM 11 Apr 11

Can you some how add your email and P/W to your favorites, I use someone elses PC and it would be easy if you could tell me how? Thanks David

Batch 12:02 PM 12 Apr 11

Would it really make sense to have your email login set up as a favourite on someone else's PC? They could access your email at any time.

In any event, whether it is possible will depend on what email service / software you use to access your emails. So what do you use?

audeal 12:21 PM 12 Apr 11

Batch: I do not know where you get the email bit from as David4637 has not asked for the email login but the PC Advisor login. I have been using this system for years now with no problem. I now find I cant use this system and I have started using the system that Fruit Bat has suggested and have had no problems so far.

David: if you login as normal then put the page into your favorites, you can then copy the link onto you desktop or anywhere else you want it, it should work that way.

David4637 15:40 PM 13 Apr 11

It just means in the old system if you had logged out you would not have to add your login details again. I had the PCA webpage address then my email address and then the password all in the URL, and it worked for 3 years at least, just thought it would be useful to repeat this option on the new PCA system? Thanks for your replies Any more ideas David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know