log off password

holligan 10:38 24 Dec 03

i have got a password on my log off, i did not put it on, when i tried to clear it in settings it is not there.how do i remove i dont use a password.

cheers

Jester2K 10:50 24 Dec 03

In your Log off??

You need to enter a password to log off?

Log off Windows?

What does the screen look like and say EXACTLY??

holligan 12:15 24 Dec 03

not password i cant get rid of it i tried user names.its all dots and / the user name.i dont use names.

Jester2K 12:17 24 Dec 03

Can you explain in more detail WHEN this occurs and what you are asked for?

Does the box have a title?

Forum Editor 12:29 24 Dec 03

are you saying that you are asked for a username when you try to shut down Windows, or are you talking about something completely different?

holligan 12:55 24 Dec 03

when i remove it.to log on it asks for it.so i have to put it in.i want rid of it.

Forum Editor 13:03 24 Dec 03

are you referring to Windows, or to something else?

Which version of Windows is on your computer?

holligan 13:11 24 Dec 03

cheers

livewire 15:40 24 Dec 03

Do you meen the log-on box?

Jester2K 16:05 24 Dec 03

Please remember we cannot see your PC. You will have to describe in as much detail as possible what is happening and what is wrong.

Sadly you have ignored questions above and each posting you make seems to be a rushed attempt to solve the problem quickly. However without the information asked for we can't help you. 3 word answers don't tell us much.

Please take some time, think about whats wrong and describe it to us as best you can with as much detail.

Sheila-214876 16:16 24 Dec 03

Are you talking about when you go to Start, you see Shut Down and above that you see Logoff ?????? if so forget it. If you don't want the Logoff .... bit to appear anymore go to Start, Run and type in regedit and press Enter. Now navigate to HKEY_CURRENT-USER/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENTVERSION/POLICIES/EXPLORER. When you get there Right Click on the right window pane and enter a new DWORD value. Name the DWORD NoLogOff and press Enter. Now Right Click on NoLogOff and then click on Modify. Enter 1 for the value. Close everything back to your desktop. Shutdown and Restart your computer. Next time to click on Start you should not see Logoff ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…