sidandlil 21:51 22 Jun 08

hi there, I have been using a netgear cable router with virgin bb for 18 months now with no problems thanks to some help in this forum.
I decided to see if there were any upgrades available and also to look at my settings and change my security password. If I go to click here in internet explorer, i get a different page to the one in Firefox, when i try to login, I cannot in explorer ( it is a totally different webpage) but can in firefox and have also tried in opera and can login in there too. I know i can do it in firefox, and have done so now as well as changing my security password and upgrading, but just wonder why this should be??? I thought that if the address was the same it would display the same page no matter which you used, whether firefox, opera, or internet explorer. Not really a problem but I am interested and curious. thanx

Forum Member2 13:32 23 Jun 08

go to click here

sidandlil 15:51 23 Jun 08

tried it and it came up as bad gateway, retried and nothing happens at all, but thanx anyway.

i was more interested in why i can get access to netgear site (routerlogin.net) using firefox but not int explorer, diferent site comes up.

Ashrich 21:08 23 Jun 08

When I type in (www.) routerlogin(.)net I get the Netgear web page , not a router set up screen !!
I get the same with IE7 as well as Firefox3

Go to start/run , type in CMD and press enter , at the command prompt type in ..ipconfig , press enter and look for the IP of the Default Gateway , that is what you type in to get access to the router

Ashley

sidandlil 22:02 23 Jun 08

Ashley,if I log into firefox,I get a box: authentification required, I log in using my username and password, then the netgear smartwizard page opens and i can accesss the settings, no problems.

if i use internet explorer, a completely different webpage opens, i have tried logging in using my username and password but cannot.

I dont want to change any settings, just want to know why it is different, I can get into my settings on firefox and continue to do so.

I appreciate your help though.cheers

Ashrich 22:55 23 Jun 08

You might be logging in to the cable modem somehow instead , hence the rejection of the user name and password .....just a thought ! Any chance of a screen capture of the second login box ?

Ashley

sidandlil 07:18 24 Jun 08

how do i do that? tried a couple of things but no joy,if i can acpture both screens you will see what i mean. again, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…