//some 3rd party need geo

Log Off Message_Windows 98SE

theaceae 08:23 30 Nov 03

I have lost the log off retangle box when coming off the internet.Can anybody advise me how to recover it,i'm with onetel.co.uk.Could this be the trouble with the server.As it just happened in the last day or so.Be grateful for anybodys help.Thanks_b.f.n_Peter

User-312386 09:12 30 Nov 03

i am on broadband, but as i remember on modem, go to(in internet explorer)tools>internet options>connections>set up

There is a box to tick that says something like "allways show the logging off box"

madboy33

Gongoozler 10:21 30 Nov 03

Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options -Connections - Settings - (Dial-up Settings)Advanced. Check that there is a tick in the box for "Disconnect when a connection may no longer be needed". Even if there is a tick there, you may not get the prompt because Internet Explorer is inconsistent about when it thinks a connection may no longer be needed.

Stuartli 10:33 30 Nov 03

Just double click on the ISP phone connection icon in the Taskbar - the box will appear immediately.

theaceae 22:12 30 Nov 03

Still no log-off box tried all suggestions
any more please.theaceae

A_World_Maker 22:46 30 Nov 03

Have you tried initalising this function in outlook express. When you 'send and recieve messages, always disconnect'.... from memory this then worked in IE as well, when disconnecting.

Gongoozler 09:28 01 Dec 03

Sometimes it's a registry value that has changed.

Start the Registry Editor

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings

Look for a value Auto disconnect in the right-hand pane

If the value data reads 00 00 00 00 double-click this entry and change the value to 01 00 00 00

Exit Regedit, and restart your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…