Josquius 17:31 05 Feb 05

Here is the original thread- click here

I thought was solved and got ahead of myself and ticked it was solved however it turns out it isn't. The same thing happens except there is a nasty beeping error message before it.

Josquius 18:26 05 Feb 05

Probally didn't make myself clear with that...

I only have one account on this windows xp computer so usually I auto log in and go straight to the dekstop. Lately though I've had to click on my name to get to the desktop. How do I go back to normal?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:28 05 Feb 05

Start, Run, type in

control userpasswords2

and click OK.

Untick "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".

Josquius 00:18 06 Feb 05

Thats what I did, it didn't work and just added the new error message.

VoG II 10:55 06 Feb 05

What is the error message?

Josquius 16:44 06 Feb 05

There is a log on box in the backgroud which says administrator in user and is blank in password.
Ther error message says in the title 'Logon message'
And says somthing along the lines of- 'The system could not log you on. Please check your user name and domain are correct'.

This is not the worst of it, this problem is getting rather serious, the computer has failed to boot up more then once and froze up on the 'windows is starting up' screen.

VoG II 16:48 06 Feb 05

Missing or deleted account? click here

Josquius 17:15 06 Feb 05

I think it may have been that the registry was set to auto login to a account called administrator when the only/admin account is set under my name. I shall see when next I turn on...

Josquius 17:36 06 Feb 05

Fixed it, it seems that was the problem.
That is even stranger how the registry came to be edited.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…