lockup.zonelabs.com

Every time I switch my PC on, I get a message saying that either I or a programme is requesting an internet connection to: lockup.zonelabs.co
I do not understand the request and nothing seems to happen if I log on. However, I am concerned that this might be something nasty. Is it, and how can I stop the pop-up?

Paranoid Android 16:58 23 Feb 04

From ZoneLabs FAQ

3. What is lockup.zonelabs.com?

Your dialer may indicate a destination address of lockup.zonelabs.com. This is a landing page with instructions for people who have experienced firewall hardening. Firewall hardening is a failsafe security measure built in to our products. If a hacker or malware attempts to directly assault ZoneAlarm, Plus, or Pro, the software prevents Internet access for any applications not already running. When this happens, the user's browser automatically displays lockup.zonelabs.com. Firewall hardening is rarely triggered, but when it is, it's important for you to know what has happened.

Marvin

shanandoor 17:01 23 Feb 04

i dont understand about computers too much but zone labs is a program to do with zone alarm - this stops hackers and potential problems on your computer - zone alarm runs on the task bar and is red and green changing to red and yellow with ZA on it.

Hope this helps
shanandoor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…