Lockup on playing games and DVD

Dadster 1956 18:30 19 Sep 04

I have a Multivision Solus 1030 Laptop 512 mb of memory,60 gb hard drive(18 gb free),Mobility Radeon 9600 Graphics.Recently it has begun locking up as desribed in title normally after about 5 minutes.I have turned the game settings down to no avail.The Dvd Drive driver is up to date the graphics card driver seems not to be capable of updating as Ati do not support notebook drivers and refer you to the manufacturer-Multivision have gone bust.My feeling is it is not a graphics card problem but I am at a loss.I wonder if it is a hardware or memory problem.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

livewire 18:48 19 Sep 04

I aslo expierence the same problems with my MOBILLITY RADEON 9600. I had Evesham take a look at it and when they installed the latest CATALYST drivers it all seemed to work fine.

Have you tried Right Clicking the Desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshoot> Turn the accelaration down one notch and test.

I belive the most recent CATALYST drivers fix the problem

Dadster 1956 19:37 20 Sep 04

Thanks - will give both a try

Dadster 1956 19:37 20 Sep 04

Thanks - will give both a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…