lockdown all except word processor

cassiusclay 04:33 05 Oct 05

Someone wants to use a word processor program such as windows word on my pc- Im worried that they will mess with my delicate system and because they are an absolute beginner , my worries are justified--can I lockdown everything except windows word ? Ive tried giving them their on log in but I found that the same programs I use on my log in desktop are accessible on the other log in ,like photo viewers. maybe parental controls perhaps?
help

AndySD 05:19 05 Oct 05

Try using the guest account instead of Administrator or User click here or whilst in your account give them a user account then go My Computer and in the Tools menu at the top choose folder options then View and tick Show hidden files and folders. Now go to the C Drive and Documents and Settings find the new account folder and go to Desktop and delete anything you dont want them to have....also in the start menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…