Lock out when opening MP9 or MP10

A3 10:32 23 Nov 05

When trying to run a video e-mail in MP9 my computer locks out as soon as the Media Player file is double clicked, but after the MP screen has opened. When doing a disk check on reboot a file, wmplayer.exe, is found to be at fault. Is it a Worm or Trojan - AVG7, Adaware and Spybot fail to detect any problems. I loaded MP10 in the hope it would cure it - but it is just the same. Any ideas?

ACOLYTE 11:04 23 Nov 05

It may be the video is not compatable with WMP or it doesnt have the right codec to run it,what sort of file is the video?Do you try to run the file from within the email itself,or do you save it to the hd first,it mat be the virus scanner blocking it if you try to run from the email.

PaulB2005 11:07 23 Nov 05

Try opening WMP and then dragging and dropping the file onto the main screen. Does that work?

I get the EXACT same problem with my PC. Sometimes you can double-click files and they open something you have to do it a different way. Still not got to the bottom of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…