Lock out my 13yr old !!!!!!!

Tally Ho 20:03 26 Jan 05

Hope someone can help-I'm looking for a lock programme for XP that will stop my lad from using the computer, I've tried LockPro, Winlock, but he's realized that these can be by-passed, either with the start button, or by putting a game CD in the drive, which allows him to play.
I need to lock everything out at boot time. Freeware would be nice, if possible.
Any ideas to thwart an enterprising lad ??

thanks

Tally Ho

Curio 20:04 26 Jan 05

Take the fuze out of the mains plug!!

mattyc_92 20:05 26 Jan 05

Do you want him to be able to "log-in" or do you want to stop him accessing things like the internet??

JonnyTub 20:07 26 Jan 05

bios password, unless he's knows that taking the case off and removing the battery, will reset it.

Tally Ho 20:15 26 Jan 05

Hi, No, I dont want him using it without my knowledge, not for anything. If it had come with an ignition key, that wuld have been great !!

mattyc_92 20:19 26 Jan 05

Try password protecting the built-in administrator and changing your password and removing his account from the system and make sure that the rest of the accounts on the system are password protected and he doesn't know the passwords!!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:19 26 Jan 05

have a look at click here

gedr 20:20 26 Jan 05

Look this is going to be difficult, if you are going to put the answer in here.

gedr.

mattyc_92 20:21 26 Jan 05

or you could disable his account and re-enable it when you want him to be able to log on (and password protect the rest of the accounts)

Tally Ho 20:30 26 Jan 05

Thanks guys, I'll try your suggestions, if you find a way of locking out the Start button on anything, please let me know, this is how he cracked one lock !!

Happy Hunting !!

JonnyTub 20:31 26 Jan 05

remove all power cables in the house bar the one used for pc psu and install one of these click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…