location of systems info

novis 10:45 28 May 09

I've just installed new memory to my laptop - can any one remind me where I can find the systems specs so that I can confirm I've installed it correctly.

I run MS Vista.

birdface 10:54 28 May 09

SIW will tell you everything you have on your computer.

click here

ambra4 11:03 28 May 09

Right Click - My Computer – Properties will show you the speed of the CPU and the amount of

memory installed at bottom of the display

birdface 11:10 28 May 09

Or in XP it is all programs.Accessories .System tools. System information.
But probably better using SIW a handy tool to have arround.

novis 11:29 28 May 09

It would also be helpful to know the Vista equivalent of My Computer so that I can apply this advice from the forum:

click here

Anyone with tips on optimising my system which runs Vista would be helpful. I've run CCleaner; WinASO registry optimiser, Advanced Systems Care.

Is there anything else that would be worth the space [ my hard drive is 80GB partitioned]

novis 17:37 28 May 09

SIW only seems to work with XP - my system puts up error message stating that it is not a valid Win32 application - denying it access.

2) My Computer is also UI assume an XP designation - where can i find it / its equivalent in Vista?

Technotiger 17:42 28 May 09
  novis 18:44 28 May 09

SIW (above) only seems to work with XP - my system puts up error message stating that it is not a valid Win32 application - denying it access.

2)" My Computer is" is I believe, an Windows XP designation - where can i find it / its equivalent in Vista? .

Technotiger 18:46 28 May 09

Have you looked at my Click-here??

novis 19:28 28 May 09

Yes - I did check out the info re putting 'Computer' [as I discover it's called in Vista] onto the taskbar - however i8t didnt bring up my syspem's specs.

However, right clicking on 'Computer' in the START menu brought up the info I wanted.

Because I was loking for an ikon in the taskbar I overlooked that it came up as Computer - and now I have a copy I'd like to delete - help please.

Technotiger 19:32 28 May 09

Do you mean, an icon on the desktop? If so, just right-click on the icon and choose Delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…