location of settings

arrow 15:51 28 May 03

Having uninstalled a faulty software I foolishly deleted the shared files which it said were not in use. The next 5 days were spent in safe mode, which I couldn't leave, despite several system restores, with a persistent error message that NAV Auto-protect could not initialise engine database files. Eventually, with the aid of Symantec support, all was restored to normal, and is now working, but 1. when I play spider solitaire the cards are only half the size, and 2. in Calendar a week now occupies only half the screen. It used to fill the screen. I am using Windows ME and MS Works Suite 2001. I have succeeded in restoring the desktop but not these. Somebody please help.
Arrow.

recap 17:29 28 May 03

Navigate to the required program (via start/programs/games/spider solitar) and right click on it. Select Properties and on the shortcut tab select Normal Window, this hopefully will give you a full screen of the program.

arrow 17:45 28 May 03

Thanks for the suggestion, recap, but sadly it hasn't worked. Any other ideas please.
Arrow.

it sounds to me as if you used to be running at 800x600 but now have a resolution of 1024 x768 which would make the cards look almost half the size, this can be adjusted in the diplay properties accessed by right clicking the desktop.

arrow 10:28 29 May 03

Many thanks horiz5, success!
Arrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…