Locate and Uninstall

Hetti 11:52 12 Jun 06

I have some freeware game (now in recycle bin) there are not listed in C/cleaner, how do I locate the file and uninstall it?
Thanks

bosmere 12:13 12 Jun 06

Have you tried Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs?

Diemmess 15:47 12 Jun 06

Does it interfere with normal use of your PC?
If not then you don't really need to do anything.
BUT
If there are traces all over the place and you just want them out, try things in this order.

1) Check in add/remove programs as bosmere says.

2) Search using the game's name or publisher's abreviation, across the whole drive and delete all folders and isolated files which use either of those names.

3) Now run CCleaner again including its Issues option.

If you want to be specially careful check before emptying the recycle bin - there are no new snags to running the rest of your programs.

Strawballs 00:48 13 Jun 06

click here download install and go to tools>run regclean>do them all and it will find out any entries that are no longer needed and highlite them so you can remove them. I have been using this program for years and it has not caused me any problems and it also makes a backup so you can reinstall anything that you remove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…