Locate pictures taken on webcam

ponytail 08:29 17 Aug 13

I have a Asus K73E laptop and have just tried taking a picture using the built in webcam but do not know where the picture was sent to as it did not ask for a destination folder.How do I find where it is located

compumac 09:00 17 Aug 13

Try Users/Pictures

Ian in Northampton 09:01 17 Aug 13

Ponytail: by default, many of these devices send images to your 'My Pictures' folder. Alternatively, the software that came with your webcam should have an 'options' menu from which you should be able to discover the default location for the pictures it takes.

ponytail 09:09 17 Aug 13

Thanks for the replies where do I locate users/pictures Where do I find my picture folder have looked It is a built in webcam I am using windows 7

compumac 09:16 17 Aug 13

Typically Explorer - YOUR user Name/My pictures

ponytail 09:41 17 Aug 13

You will have to bear with me new to me this picture business what exactly do I click on what is the procedure thanks again

Ian in Northampton 09:42 17 Aug 13

Ponytail: are you familiar with using Windows Explorer to navigate around your file system?

ponytail 10:48 17 Aug 13

Hi Again I got into windows explorer by clicking on accessories then windows explorer and there is a pictures library folder but the photos I want are not there

Woolwell 10:55 17 Aug 13

For many months you have been asking how to locate scanned picture or now webcam.

In W7 when you click on the start orb then you should see a link to pictures or alternatively start the pictures library. In the picture library you should find a folder for your webcam.

compumac 11:05 17 Aug 13

Ponytail.

Are there folders within "My Pictures" - perhaps with a folder name of the webcam?

Alternatively - do a search for .jpg which will list all of the .jpg photos on your system. ( being a wild card for the name/number of the photo)

ponytail 11:10 17 Aug 13

No folders for webcam in my pictures

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…