localhost network problem

ainsworth14 19:57 06 Dec 05

hi - i hope someone can help here.

I have just purchased an acer 1.6 centrino laptop with xp home installed, with which I have succesfully wireless networked my desktop and laptop.

now, i currently have a personal 'localhost' server running on my desktop pc (xp pro) that hosts my own test environment for my website. what i want to do is to access this website from my laptop. the desktop and laptop are wireless networked. both computers know that each other exists as i can browse shared files on both. internet work correctly on both too. currently i cannot (and really dont know how to) access, on my laptop, my local website that is hosted on the desktop.

would anyone be ale to point me in the right direction?! i am hoping that it is something to do with permissions etc wither with my IIS settings or my router.

i have a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster WRT54GS router if that is any help

also i am having troble opening a ms access database across the network, kee getting disk or network error.

all help is appreciated and thanks in advance!
Mark

howard63 12:50 11 Dec 05

have you set up sharing on your localhost server? it may be that accross your network the server acts as an ordinary folder.

ainsworth14 15:41 11 Dec 05

the local host prolem has been resolved, but i am still having trouble opening a basic access database from the other pc. everything else works i can open all files except a database, i keep getting disk or network error messages

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…