Local website baing restricted

sneakerman 15:11 10 Nov 05

I am working on a website and the files are currently on my C drive, when I try and open a new page, containing some javascript, I get a warning that "IE has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer". I have tried to add the 'site' to my trusted sites but it won't allow it.
Any idea how to override this particular behavior, whilst in development?

Also there are numerous jpg's on the site both thumbnail and fullsize, can some one point out to me how to access the images from thumbnail and pictures sub-directories, both locally and when uploaded onto the server.

does this make sense?

Thanks

djinn 15:53 10 Nov 05

Choose Internet Options - Advanced

Scroll down to the Security Heading

Check the option labeled: Allow active content to run in files on my computer. You can also check the box above this if you want to allow active content to run from CDs.

Restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.

HTH
Cheers

sneakerman 16:34 10 Nov 05

Thanks guys, that's all my problems sorted for today

I had looked at the security settings in the advanced tab but I just didn't see the wood for the trees.

and I had nearly solved my picture issue as well, unfortunately there were some refernces that I hadn't noticed.

I am hand coding, a friend gave me a template of a website including pictures that fits on a floppy and I am just tinkering with it.

Thanks all for your help!

sneakerman 16:37 10 Nov 05

Sorry I should have given a link to the original website.

click here

go straight to the 'photos' tab and select any thumbnail, see how quick the images appear.

There is a lot of activity going on on the status bar, which I believe is the photos loading while you read the frontpage.

I am not an expert but I do think it is impressive

djinn 16:50 10 Nov 05

Music to listen to whilst working on this site...........

The Dukes of Hang-Gliding - "The Murder Song"

Excellent track - but they are one track ponies ;-)

Good going sneakerman.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…