Local Hard Drive keeps filling up

Wessie 10:47 19 Nov 04

I am using an Optiplex GX240 with XP PRO on the computer and I am getting a meesage informing me that the hard drive is low on disk space I then delete about 6GB worth of data but I then restart the computer but within 10 minutes I get the same message. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem.

Bagnet 11:01 19 Nov 04

1. run a virus scan...
2. see if u are getting temp files being created in c:\windows\temp

sounds viral tho

1 other possibility... are u using overnet? if so or any other p to p software i have had a similar problem and had to keep on doing a disk check... right click c drive and go to properties, then select disk checking. this may also fix it

2CV6 11:15 19 Nov 04

Hi mine has done the same, almost full after downloading xp pro and sp2, just 6 % was left. I've tried Bagnet's idea of right clicking the c drive and an error comes up. Xdrive, unable to load VxD, cannot continue. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sethhaniel 11:32 19 Nov 04

I had 2.2gig of them before pruning

also the uninstall file for SP2 takes a few hundred MB at least - if happy with it - delete it

also the windows/Prefetch folder can soon fill up

as does AVG update folder - delete all the old update files ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…