Local Disk F is not formatted, format now?

gayley 23:54 05 Mar 10

I am hoping someone will be able to help. I have two disk drives, Drive C (main drive) and Drive F.

For some reason when i click on Drive F, it has started stating that the disk is not formatted and would i like to format it now. I have checked for errors and nothing turns up. I downloaded partition table doctor to try and recovery my documents but it will not detect drive F.

Does anyone have any suggestions, it would be most appreciated. i have sentimental photos on the disk drive that i would really like to recover, i should have made a backup i know, but like most people i never thought i'd need to until something goes wrong.

beeuuem 00:09 06 Mar 10

I assume you have tried rebooting? This has happened to me and for the life of me I can't remember how I got out of it. Which is no help to you.
You could download and try TestDisk from
click here which can't do any harm

Philpoty 10:16 06 Mar 10

gayley
I am assuming "F"is an external drive
I have had similar problems
Try this it works for me,use safely remove to dissconect,unplug external from power,go have cup of tea then plug in again,windows will find it and it should be OK now

gayley 13:59 07 Mar 10

Beeuum

Thank you very much, rebooting didn't help but i downloaded TestDisc and i have got the files back so thank you very much for your help, i am most grateful. The only other thing is that now my photographs are not much bigger than thumbnails , any idea's on how to get them back to original size??

Thank you also to Philpoty, "F" is an internal extra volume that a friend of mine added as my "c" drive didn't have a huge amount of disk space. I wouldn't have a clue on how to get that out lol!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple