Local Disk on Drive E

wee eddie 16:27 15 Jan 05

Drive C appears to be unallocated.

MiniQ Bare bones from Jetway

How can I change the Drive allocation to C while I am using the drive being reallocated.

Maybe I should leave it.

If I try to install a USB drive, it is automatically allocated to C, and I am unable to Format it.

Completealias 17:00 15 Jan 05

You could try using the computer magagement facilty in XP this is found in control panel / administrative tools / computer management. Select disk management for the left hane side then under the action menu / all tasks it lists change drive letter and paths. Before you give it a go I'd take a full backup just in case the worse happens

wee eddie 17:37 15 Jan 05

Unfortunately it does not appear to be too keen to reallocate itself.

Graham ® 18:07 15 Jan 05

You cannot (I believe!) change the drive letter of the system drive. You may have to re-install the OS.

VoG II 18:10 15 Jan 05

click here
but may not work with the drive that Windows is installed on.

wee eddie 18:50 15 Jan 05

The whole system works fine.

Except that!

If you plug in a new unallocated drive, it defaults to Drive C.

However the software is under the impression that the C Drive should not be formatted as Windows is installed on it.

This is obviously incorrect and I am trying to decide what I need to do to correct it, or to let sleeping dogs lie.

wee eddie 17:04 16 Jan 05

Get it's maker to correct it? It's a local lad.

Or forget it?

Smiler 17:23 16 Jan 05

I would definately take it bake to it's maker for correction as you could invalidate any warranty

Graham ® 17:34 16 Jan 05

Yes, it must be corrected, or you will have loads of problems in the future. If you install new programs, they may default to the C drive, and fail to install 'cus you haven't got one.

wee eddie 12:18 17 Jan 05

I am looking to access the risks involved in not changing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…