Local Disk C

DÕ DÕ 11:42 31 Mar 06

Each time I boot up, the "Local Disk C " drive appears on my desk top.If I minimise I would have two " Local Disk C " drives appearing on my desk top so its a matter of closing the latter.This is very irritating, how can I stop this happening again.
Your help please.
NB: My system is WindowsXP Pro

mattyc_92 12:31 31 Mar 06

You mean the c: drive opens when you log into the system?

Look in the folder "Startup" from the "Start->All Programs" list. Is there a shortcut to the c: drive here?

martjc 12:45 31 Mar 06

Click [Start], [Run]. Type msconfig.
When Config prog starts, click the Startup tab.
Look for a link to C:. If you find one, uncheck it.

You need to re-boot and may need to tell MSconfig not to start up again.

Hopefully, this will solve your problem.

DÕ DÕ 11:37 19 Apr 06

When I shut down I get the following message "Frag~exe DLL installation failed".what is it and how can I clear it permanently.There was one occassion when it didn't happen.
Thank you

ACOLYTE 12:13 19 Apr 06

I had a quick google search and it was not very informative,but most sites seem to link to this
Frag~exe.DLL as some sort of malware/hijacker,i can seem to find any removal instructions that specifically deal with this file,have you ran any malware/virus scan's?.This search was based on the way you wrote "Frag~exe DLL" if it doesnt appear like that then it may not be malware at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…