Local Disc Mix up[

Yimbo 15:38 08 Sep 08

I have an external Hard Drive labelled Local Disc F. I wanted to use a small pen drive - so to free up a USB socket, I disconnected Disc F and plugged in the pen drive. My computer has now labelled this as F and, on reconnecting what was F, I find it has been re-labelled G. All the files that were on the former F are now inaccessible - and I've got a real mix up! How can I restore things - getting the F and G labels reversed (if you know what I mean!!)

Graham. 16:25 08 Sep 08

Start, right click My Computer, Manage.

Storage, Disk Management.

Right click Drive G, 'Change drive letter and paths'.

When everything back to normal, consider changing the external drive to Z, this would avoid the letter being changed again.

Yimbo 19:41 08 Sep 08

Thank you Graham - your advice worked well! If I follow your second bit of advice, and change the extenal drive to Z - will this action also cause the files present in F to recognise Z ??

Graham. 23:18 08 Sep 08

I suggest saving the files to drive C (your computer), change the external drive letter to Z, then save them to Z.

Yimbo 23:33 08 Sep 08

Done what you suggest, Graham! Thanks for your time and help!

Graham. 23:58 08 Sep 08

Happy to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…