Local Area Connection - Limited or no connectivity

jamesy74 09:31 17 Jun 05

Hi hope someone can help please.

Switched my pc on last nightand I couldn't connect to the internet, opened my network connections and the the message above appeared.

Telephoned NTL tech services and they done a test with my ip address it it came up ok, they said it was a problem with my network card.

I'm curretly running xp home with sp2. I've had this problem before and I corrected it. The reason I had this problem before was I upgraded to SP2 from SP1. I rectified this be rolling back to SP1. Since then I had another problem with my PC and had to do a fresh install, the disc I used came complete with SP2.

I've done a system restore but no luck with this.

mattyc_92 09:39 17 Jun 05

You need a "patch"... Your ISP normally has it... Just go to their member's area and search for something like "WinXP SP2 Patch" and download and install the patch. You will need to restart your system for it to take effect.

jamesy74 10:28 17 Jun 05

mattyc,

Will this solve the problem then?

You would have thought NTL Tech Services would have told me this.

Why do you think it all of a sudden stopped to work, do you know of anything that would have triggered it.

mattyc_92 10:31 17 Jun 05

It does relove it for me and most of my mates.... It is SP2 that is the problem.... I don't know what SP2 actually does to create this problem, but a simple patch should reslove it.

mattyc_92 10:35 17 Jun 05

click here - More info from another forum

click here - SHOULD reslove it

Taff36 10:37 17 Jun 05

That`s the answer mattyc_92. Had to do exactly the same with an AOL account a fortnight ago.

Strawballs 11:37 17 Jun 05

If you are using a set top box try unplugging it for 10 seconds to let the box reboot itself it works for me when I get that message not sure if it is the same with cable modem

Joe R 11:44 17 Jun 05

jamesy74,

I too have a cable modem, and used to get this problem, when i disabled my local area connection.

If you right click on your local area connection, does it give you the option of "Enable".?

scooby43 12:22 17 Jun 05

I had this problem maybe my thread can be useful to ur problem.
click here

jamesy74 13:08 17 Jun 05

Joe R

Yes it does

jamesy74 13:21 17 Jun 05

matty,

I can't download that patch can't connect to the net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…