Local Area Connection --- cable unplugged

ali2 23:56 13 Jun 05

I keep having my broadband interrupted. It happens at random intervels. I internet provider has changed my modem and says that it is locked. I have done a Micro trend housecall and I have up to date Norton antivirus, Spybot and Ad aware. Any ideas. My connection was fine but I moved house and am reconnected with the same internet provider. Any ideas?

Barry

Cesar 08:45 14 Jun 05

A number of people are getting the same message I don't know what ISP or Modem you are using, I use AOL 9.0 plus a BT Voyager 100 the driver has been recently upgraded and therin lies the fault.

pk470 13:05 14 Jun 05

If you have onboard LAN go to bios and disable
it this won't show again,but if in the future you want a wireless or cable network don't forget to re enable it.
This seems to have happened with AOL updates.

Ancient Learner 15:05 14 Jun 05

'Local Area Connection --- cable unplugged'. I suffered from this constantly after starting to use BB. For reasons that I won't go into here, I decided to ditch Norton Antivirus and use NOD32. Strangely, the notifications have disappeared, and the lack of BB has improved enormously.

Coincidence? I don't know!

john-232317 16:40 14 Jun 05

I got this sometimes and found out it was a loose router connection into phone socket. I replaced socket and now its always ok.

woodchip 16:57 14 Jun 05

Your Title "Local Area Connection --- cable unplugged" this will be a onboard LAN This should be disabled if you are using a different modem

ali2 19:38 15 Jun 05

A firmware upgrade to my wireless Dlink Di-624 has solved the problem. Thank you to those who responded.

Barry

john-232317 19:58 15 Jun 05

A wireless router ? May have helped if you had mentioned it in the original post ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…