Local Area Connection

NarcosisBoy 20:37 13 Dec 06

Folks,

I am having connection problems and it seems that when I boot up I get a bubble on the bottom right hand corner saying "Local Area Connection 2 is not connected"

This is not a cable problem as I have not moved cables and can sometimes get online but it seems to be constantly 'tripping' on and off and I am not sure what it is - I disabled firewalls to see but that didn't help but when I eventually get connected it seems to work for a time being.

Anyone any idea's?

Cheers for the help

G

skidzy 21:12 13 Dec 06

Look in Control Panel/Network Connections.

Id have a guess your on Broadband and is an old internet connection from the dialup modem that is no longer in use.

Stuartli 21:45 13 Dec 06

Why is it listed as LAN2?

Do you have two LAN connections setup (see Device Manager) and Network Connections (from Start>Run>Settings.

mymate 08:31 14 Dec 06

I have 2 connections.I have, Aol broadband connection Wan miniport ppoe. then Local area connection 2,connected ,Globespan usb ADSL Lan modem.works ok
They are in Control panel,network connections.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:46 14 Dec 06

you log out of internet
or if dial setiing is set to disconnect if idle
or disconnect if not needed

Stuartli 18:49 14 Dec 06

You can't have two separate broadband accounts on the one line.

Whichever account is not your current ISP should be deleted.

mymate 19:33 14 Dec 06

Stuartli,But i have 2 connections,and it all works ok. I am on Aol with out their software installed. If i delete one connection i cant get on line !

Daveboy 21:49 14 Dec 06

find the connection in network connections, right click,properties, then remove appropriate tick (s) from bottom "notification" boxes.

Stuartli 23:58 14 Dec 06

I'm at a loss to understand how you can have two BB accounts on one line...:-)

mymate 08:28 15 Dec 06

Stuartli. So am i ! bi checked my phone bill and its ok.It my new computer.I think it is because i am not using Aol software,just the modem and then I had to make a connection to be able to use Aol to get on the internet. i have 2 little monitors screens on my task bar.

Sorry NarcosisBoy.didnt mean to hog your thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…