Local Area Connection

NarcosisBoy 20:37 13 Dec 06

Folks,

I am having connection problems and it seems that when I boot up I get a bubble on the bottom right hand corner saying "Local Area Connection 2 is not connected"

This is not a cable problem as I have not moved cables and can sometimes get online but it seems to be constantly 'tripping' on and off and I am not sure what it is - I disabled firewalls to see but that didn't help but when I eventually get connected it seems to work for a time being.

Anyone any idea's?

Cheers for the help

G

skidzy 21:12 13 Dec 06

Look in Control Panel/Network Connections.

Id have a guess your on Broadband and is an old internet connection from the dialup modem that is no longer in use.

Stuartli 21:45 13 Dec 06

Why is it listed as LAN2?

Do you have two LAN connections setup (see Device Manager) and Network Connections (from Start>Run>Settings.

mymate 08:31 14 Dec 06

I have 2 connections.I have, Aol broadband connection Wan miniport ppoe. then Local area connection 2,connected ,Globespan usb ADSL Lan modem.works ok
They are in Control panel,network connections.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:46 14 Dec 06

you log out of internet
or if dial setiing is set to disconnect if idle
or disconnect if not needed

Stuartli 18:49 14 Dec 06

You can't have two separate broadband accounts on the one line.

Whichever account is not your current ISP should be deleted.

mymate 19:33 14 Dec 06

Stuartli,But i have 2 connections,and it all works ok. I am on Aol with out their software installed. If i delete one connection i cant get on line !

Daveboy 21:49 14 Dec 06

find the connection in network connections, right click,properties, then remove appropriate tick (s) from bottom "notification" boxes.

Stuartli 23:58 14 Dec 06

I'm at a loss to understand how you can have two BB accounts on one line...:-)

mymate 08:28 15 Dec 06

Stuartli. So am i ! bi checked my phone bill and its ok.It my new computer.I think it is because i am not using Aol software,just the modem and then I had to make a connection to be able to use Aol to get on the internet. i have 2 little monitors screens on my task bar.

Sorry NarcosisBoy.didnt mean to hog your thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac