Local Area Connection

Cesar 11:10 29 May 06

When I Boot up my Computer I get two icons in the tray both with red crosses, and apop up window informs me that a network cable is unplugged and I cannot log into AOL if I leave it for acouple of hours sometimes I can establish a connection, this only started yesterday (Sunday)I tried to start my computer at 9.00 this morning and couldn't establish a connection now at 11.00 I managed to get connected I have checked all my connections and they are all firm can anyone help?

johnnyrocker 11:13 29 May 06

have you tried a full reboot including modem/router?

johnny.

Cesar 11:15 29 May 06

Yes I switch my computer of and later switch it on again

Taff™ 11:16 29 May 06

Right click the connection and open network connections. Right click the appropriate connection and either choose Repair or if that`s not available click disable. Right Click again to enable it - does that make a difference?

Taff™ 11:17 29 May 06

By the way what are the two network connections that have the red crosses against them?

Cesar 12:52 29 May 06

One is Globespan USB the other is Semiconductor

DieSse 15:08 29 May 06

Many people have a 1394 (Firewire) network connection showing, with a red cross on it. If you don't use Firewire this is normal.

You can remove this from the system tray if you don't need it there.

When the connection is working, what are the states of the two network connections that do show?

Cesar 12:50 31 May 06

When the connection is working, and the other has a red x The one that is working states "Local Area 2 is now connected"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…