Local area connection 2

NOVICE ENABLED 22:21 26 Jan 05

My internet connection has been much slower over the last few days, the pages on some sites take an age to load. At the bottom of my screen near the clock I can see a small yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. When I point the cursor at it I get the message 'Local area connection 2, speed 576.0 kb Status: limited or no connectivity'. Also in system/device manager I have two yellow question marks, one next to 'other devices' and one next to 'PCI simple communication controller'. Is there a fault with my ISP (AOL) or my PC? I'm on Windows XP. Thanks.

ACOLYTE 22:27 26 Jan 05

I would say that either you have installed another lan card turned one on in the bios or made a copy of the first lan connection,other devices could be a firewire card if you have one,simple pci controller i would say is a modem,not sure.

NOVICE ENABLED 23:01 26 Jan 05

Clicked update driver, inserted drivers/utilities CD & rebooted. Yellow (?) in device manager gone, yellow (!) gone, now replaced with a red cross through 2 small monitors as it was originally. I also have the message ' Local area connection A network cable is unplugged. '

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…