Local area conection 2 a network cable is unpluged

Koochy 17:20 16 Oct 05

Hi i am having a bad time with my broadband connection and was wondering if you can help.
When i'm online i keep getting a bubble come up from the task tray saying local area connection a network cable is unplugged and i loose my connection the two little arrows in the task tray flash yellow and report that the modem is in training and it usually takes about a minute to reconnect which is a pain when trying to download anything. This is happening approx 10 to 15 times an hour, please help.

Thanks

Craig

woodchip 17:24 16 Oct 05

Are you running a Laptop Wireless? as that's what I get if out of range

splork 17:30 16 Oct 05

cable or adsl broadband? which isp? what make of modem?

Koochy 17:33 16 Oct 05

it is a bt voyager 105 adsl modem

Ancient Learner 17:37 16 Oct 05

I had a similar problem a little while ago.

I changed all the cabling to no avail.

It turned out that my router needed its firmware updating. Did that and all was well immediately.

Perhaps there might be a clue of some kind there.

splork 17:42 16 Oct 05

pick up a phone connected to your adsl line and listen for line noise, get onto aol and ask them to do a line check, they can do it there and then, they may blame bt and ask you to call them and ask /them/ to do a line check too. have aol recently upgraded your broadband speed? download the user guide here click here and read the diagnostics section

Koochy 18:02 16 Oct 05

Thanks to all for your help and thanks to splork i read the user guide and downloaded the latest drivers and that has solved my problem.
I have been driven mad for about 2 months now and within half an hour on in the forum my problem has been solved.

Thanx again everyone.

Koochy

CurlyWhirly 19:09 16 Oct 05

I know this issue is now resolved but I would just like to say that I had a similar problem which was also solved by me downloading the latest BT Voyager 100 modem drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…