loads of viruses

*dillonfubar* 15:59 10 Apr 03

Hiya,
I am using H+BEDV AntiVir Personal Edition which i have runing in the background and then every couple of days it comes up with this warning:

WARNING: Contains signature of the worm Worm/Tanked.P2P.11!
C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{445B889A-9E0A-4FDF-BDBF-2E4666672177}\RP109\A0018946.EXE

I have had about 6 of these now (in 2 weeks), and the fact it involves system restore is a bit scary, i always quarantine the file and have done a full H/D check, any ideas why it keeps appearing? BTW i use Windows XP with all patches applied.

beeuuem 16:09 10 Apr 03

To remove a virus completely it is necessary to purge your System Restore i.e. turn it off so that all restore points are deleted as this is where the virus is hiding.Run a virus check and then enable system restore again. If the virus is only showing in your restore files doing this should clear your system.

mole44 17:16 10 Apr 03

oh dear update the virus software on a weekly basis.only when your in a pickle do you realize that you forgot to update it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…