Loads of pop ups

Charlie 3746 14:52 22 Mar 07

I'm having loads of pop ups and it's driving me barmy. I'm an Ewido - AVG subscriber (latest version), I've tried Windows Defender and the Google tool bar but still they flood in. Can anyone help please?

Kate B 15:02 22 Mar 07

Run scans with Spybot, Adware and A Squared and of course Ewido and AVG. You've got some kind of pest which one of those should shift.

Charlie 3746 15:07 22 Mar 07

Hi Kate B
I've tried scanning and nothing comes up. I ran Windows Defender and Ewido/AVG today and received the "all clear".

moorie- 15:13 22 Mar 07

try running these 2 to try and sort it
click here
click here

VoG II 15:14 22 Mar 07

Are these Messenger Service pop-ups? click here

birdface 15:14 22 Mar 07

You want to try Trend Micro or Panda,Both do free scans,

woodchip 15:19 22 Mar 07

Try downloading Netscape 7.2 then after loading it. and starting Go to Edit\Prefs\Privacy & Security \Pop Up's and disable them Click on allowed sites and then on clear all click here

Charlie 3746 15:31 22 Mar 07

Hi VoG - nice to talk to you again
I think some are Messenger Service pop ups - I'm getting lots from Windows saying my computers is under attack etc. I've followed the procedure you suggested - In the Services section there are 2 messenger headings. One says messenger - transmission - disabled. The other messenger s - sevice ins... started - manual.
Is the latter the one I have to alter? - I assume that it is

Charlie 3746 12:12 23 Mar 07

It seems that my problem is win antivirus, systems doctor, error safe, win fixer etc. Neither AVG nor Windows Defender can detect these infections. Xoft Spy SE free scan came up with 280 infections but you have to buy the product to remove them. Having paid AVG for a years cover I am reluctant to buy yet another product. Any advice please

brundle 12:16 23 Mar 07

Generate a HijackThis log ( download here click here)
and post it at the malware forum (click here) for someone to check out and advise

Jak_1 12:23 23 Mar 07

Are you using any popup blocker?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…