Loads of faults

MarleyCat 20:03 26 May 06

My sons computer uses Window 98 which was installed by the retailer at the time of purchase but no CD was supplied.He has since installed Windows Me Upgrade.At every bootup the following error messages now appear.

1. VC Clientcaused an error in ASAPPRSV.DLL
2. VC MAIN.EXE fatal error has occured.MSCoree.dll could not be loaded.
3. Reinstall the .NET Framework.
4. Iexplore has caused an error in WININET.dll and will now close
5. Dd help caused an error in GDI.EXE
6. Run time error C:\PROGRAMME FILES\COMMON FILES\OUSK\OUSKA.EXE.

I am going to reinstall .NET Framework and see if this cures the rest but I am tempted to reformat the hard disc and reinstall Windows Me Upgrade but with no Windows 98 disc can this be done?
I would be very grateful for any help with any of the above.

VoG II 20:10 26 May 06

click here

click here

So you need to clean it up! The best bet would be to run HJT click here and post your log at click here

rmcqua 20:16 26 May 06

Hi MarleyCat,
I suspect that a fresh installation will be needed.
I don't think you can achieve this without the '98 disc. You seem to have some corrupt files and DLL issues. Is there any way you can justify buying XP? I only ask because IMHO (and of course there will be some dissenters), Win ME is a horrible OS. I used to have it installed on 2 PCs. It was unstable and gave me endless problems on both machines, which completely disappeared as soon as XP came along.
I hope you manage to get it working OK.

MarleyCat 20:53 27 May 06

BUMP

VoG II 20:59 27 May 06

Have you tried the ways already suggested?

MarleyCat 10:11 28 May 06

Thankyou again VoG.I will be visiting my sons tomorrow and will be trying your suggestions out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…