Loads of "Error Reports"?

mattyc_92 15:36 27 Nov 05

Hi, the last day or so, FireFox, MSN, Windows (Explorer) and a few others have been giving me problems. I keep getting the "Do you wish to send an error report" dialog, which I click "Send".

Does anyone know whats going on? I have the latest Windows Updates (running WinXP Pro + SP2). I am using the following programs for virus, spyware etc...
Avast! 4.6 Free Edition
ZoneAlarm Pro
Spybot S&D
Ad-Aware SE Personal
CCleaner
MS AntiSpyware
A-Squared.
All of these are up-to-date as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

As usual, thanks in advance.

Skyver 15:38 27 Nov 05

Startmenu/Run, type `sysdm.cpl`, click Advanced, click Error Reporting, check Disable Error Reporting

rawprawn 15:39 27 Nov 05

Have you tried a system file check. Start/Run/ type sfc /scannow you will need your XP CD.

mattyc_92 15:43 27 Nov 05

Skyver

Thanks for the reponse, but I was wondering if anyone knows what is causing this. Could it be "MS AntiSpyware" as I recall everything to be fine until I installed the latest version (1.0.71 which expires July 31)
I will do what you have said if the problem continues (and annoys me.... lol)

rawprawn

I never thought of that for some reason... Will try that now.

Skyver 15:49 27 Nov 05

I see what you mean, I was tackling the symptom and not the cause eh - look in your event logs and see if they reveal more information.

mattyc_92 15:58 27 Nov 05

Ok, so I have done the "sfc /scannow" run command and it has completed successfully.

My event logs state that the "Service Control Manager" is to blame with almost all of the crashes.

So what to do now? lol

mattyc_92 16:00 27 Nov 05

I have just noticed at least 15 entries as "Warning". All of these are about "Ftdisk" whatever that is....

Skyver 16:25 27 Nov 05

Not all the problems will cause any er..problem; Do the messages appear at random, or when you quit an app?

rawprawn 16:26 27 Nov 05

Type Ftdisk into google, you will find a lot of results. Try looking through to see if any match your problem.

mattyc_92 17:02 27 Nov 05

Skyver

The errors occur at random.

rawprawn

Will do....

Also, I have just noticed (when I just restarted my system) a "should not see me" task, which I am doing a google search for (if anyone can help me out, it would save me some time searching... hint hint... lol)

mattyc_92 17:05 27 Nov 05

According to this (click here) this seems to be normal when installing a "VIA 4-in-1" driver (which was what I was doing...)

Will now look for the "Ftdisk" thing..... here we go..........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…