loading xp pro problem

bluenote 15:40 01 Nov 03

i have been trying to load xp pro but it only goes so far and then stops with this message.(a program has been detected and has been shut down to prevent damage. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal)Technical Info.:oxooooooDI(oxoooooooic,oxooooooo2,oxooooooo1,oxf9b92f38).Has anyone any idea what all this means.Also when i boot up I am asked to select Between Windows xp Setup, Xp operating system ,(which is not installed)or windows me.

LastChip 15:46 01 Nov 03

Do you already have an operating system on the computer?

If so, are you trying to install XP on the same Hard Drive partition as the existing operating system?

If that is the case, are you trying to dual boot both systems, or overwrite the existing?

bluenote 16:28 01 Nov 03

i have two partition on my hardisk .one with windows me, the other blank ,formatted .I have tried a clean install and also an upgrade .neither works.

Limehouse 16:36 01 Nov 03

I had a similar message which turned out to be the Intel Application Accelerator Programme. If you have this start in safe mode, uninstall it and try again. If not the last string of the error gives some information as to the driver causing the error. A searh in MS Knowledge base on IRQ not less...........etc will throw up some info.

LastChip 16:40 01 Nov 03

I assume ME is on drive C: and D: is the blank formatted drive. Is that correct?

Are you trying to dual boot, or not?

Do you want to save ME or not?

Which drive are you selecting to install XP on?

bluenote 12:45 02 Nov 03

Sorry for the delay .I had to go out .In answer to your questions.ME is on C,and the formatted section is D.Yes I am trying to dual boot.I would like to save ME,although I have tried to installXP over the ME partition as well as a clean boot to the D partition.

bluenote 12:52 02 Nov 03

One other thing I partitioned the disk with the seagate wizard ,would this make a difference ,as I also can't run Partition magic 8.0.

LastChip 21:58 02 Nov 03

Do you have GoBack or Norton System Works installed on your computer?

bluenote 00:15 03 Nov 03

I have now installed XP.I did a complete format and did a clean install.Thanks anyway i am much obliged.alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…