loading windows xp after format

fliptat 13:54 01 Jul 06

can anyone help? I'm trying to load xp pro. after a format. I get as far as the blue screen that says - press F8 to install xp but nothing happens. I have checked that everything is connected okay and I can press escape to go back but not to install, any ideas? Thanks in advance.
fliptat.

rawprawn 14:24 01 Jul 06

click here The operation is the same as XP Home (bottom right)

vinnyT 16:00 01 Jul 06

Silly Q, are your (F)unction keys enabled at boot, ie if I have to press an f key, I have to first press the f-lock key to enable them.

Hope this helps.

Strawballs 18:13 01 Jul 06

Do you have a keyboard that you have to lock the F keys to use them like a microsoft multimedia wireless keyboard.

Legolas 18:51 01 Jul 06

As far as I can remember when you get to the bit where you are asked to press F8 this is to accept the EULA contract not to start the installation.

ArrGee 10:50 06 Jul 06

There are a number of methods used to format a drive. Some methods present problems when trying to install XP Pro afterwards (including the 'pressing F8' problem).

Recently I have used DBAN on a number of machines to ensure the formatting process is upto spec. You can download this free if you click here Create a bootable floppy/cd using DBAN, format the drive and try the XP install again.

An alternative to pressing F8 is to use the left/right arrow keys and highlight the F8 option, then hit enter/return.

fliptat 17:23 06 Jul 06

thanks everyone for the help - i will give the above a try.
fliptat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…