loading win98 on new equipment

Gorgeous 22:53 PM 22 May 12

I have been trying to load windows 98 as an additional o/s. Everything seems to install correctly until the installation reboots from the hard drive. I then get the message, "insufficient memory to initialise windows, quit one or more memory resident programmes or remove uneccessary utiities from your config.sys and autoexec.bat files and restart your computer". I thought this was down to SATA drivers so tried again using an old but serviceable IDE drive and got exactly the same message. Motherboard is an Asus M2N68 with 2Gb of Ram and a 6G AMD processor. Can anybody throw some light on this?

Belatucadrus 23:10 PM 22 May 12

Have a read of the Wikipedia page & Here It may be having problems handling that much RAM.

rdave13 23:41 PM 22 May 12

For some reason you're very coy of giving basic information of the PC you run to get the information you require. I don't understand this but it is very common.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/virtualpcguy/archive/2010/05/27/installing-windows-98-on-windows-virtual-pc.aspx

At a guess, crystal ball a bit cloudy tonight, hope it helps a bit.

rdave13 23:48 PM 22 May 12

.... and, of course, the link I provide dies a death through my cloudy crystal ball.

LINK

Hope that helps.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone