Loading software for Sony MP3 player - problems

RKMonty 01:59 08 Jan 06

Am trying to load software Cd for Sony NW A1000 MP3 player.
Am using pc with Windows ME edition with 256mb RAM. When trying to load CD to pc with Sony operating software am getting message.....CD LAUNCHER...FATAL ERROR...NOT FOUND RESOURCE MODULES...have tried loading from CD in both CD drives but get same message. Any advice please or guidance Many thanks

007al 02:48 08 Jan 06

Does the software say its for windows XP?

007al 02:55 08 Jan 06

looks like it could be a software problem click here

countryboy 09:07 08 Jan 06

You do have a software problem, Sony Connect willonly operate with windows XP, You could try SonicStage available as a download from Sony's website.

fitcher 12:44 08 Jan 06

my sony mini disk uses sonic stage .and I can not get it to be compatable with windows media player or others .and I would like to make it so ,,is there a file conversion tool ? as I am not a fan of sonic.. also when I upgraded my sonic software to the latest one, you end up with a music download site for sony .thats ok if you want to be stuck with sonys music type files ..but not me . before I buy another player I will make sure the software is a more compatable one ..

countryboy 16:16 08 Jan 06

Problem with most of these high end players is that they will only operate with the supplied software, I agree that its a bit of a pain that you can't just drag and drop your music but thets the way of the world.

RKMonty 19:44 09 Jan 06

Hi all am going to try SonicStage and see how I get......will keep you posted thanks again for your help....was my brother pc !!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now