Loading a program onto an external H/Drive

Samuel Gee 10:47 20 Dec 06

Hi I am awaiting delivery of a voice typing program,I know that it requires a large amount of disc space.I would like to know if I can load a program onto my external hard drive and use it as I would from my internal drive.I understand that the external drive would have to be turned on of course.How would I load this program providing it was in order to do this.
Samuel Gee

ICF 10:50 20 Dec 06

Point it to that drive when it ask you if C drive is OK at the beginning of the installation

ICF 10:51 20 Dec 06

Point it to that drive when it ask you if C drive is OK at the beginning of the installation

ICF 10:52 20 Dec 06

Oops twice :-)

Technotiger 11:18 20 Dec 06

Hi, On installation of the program the process would normally plonk it straight onto the 'C' drive, however, all you need to do at the point where it says that, is to Delete the letter C:/ and insert whatever letter your external drive happens to be.

Technotiger 11:20 20 Dec 06

PS - yes you are right, the drive will of course need to be switched on. I have two external drives with programs installed to each, from where of course, they run just like any other program.

Technotiger 11:23 20 Dec 06

PPS - I should have mentioned that any programs on the external drive, will still show up as usual in your list of programs when you Click on Start>All Programs and that is where you run them from as usual, and of course you can also put a normal shortcut icon on your desktop.

Samuel Gee 13:21 20 Dec 06

Thank you all very much.You never let me down.
Regards.
Sam Gee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…