Loading Problems

zant 13:29 29 Apr 07

I run XP Home, Athlon 3200, 1GB RAM, Norton, Mailwasher and Adaware in a homebrew.

Every time I boot some of my programmes don’t respond until I load Mailwasher after which everything is normal. Mailwasher takes anything up to 15 minutes to load. I cannot find any conflicts and have removed Mailwasher and reinstalled. Can anyone help please?

PS Ihave tried loading MW at start up, no change.

birdface 13:36 29 Apr 07

Are you sure its mailwasher that is taking 15 minutes to load and not Norton doing a Quick scan,Go into task manager at start up and see what is running.make sure Mailwasher is allowed in your firewall.

Miros 13:41 29 Apr 07

Try Spamfighter click here instead of Mailwasher it's much easier to use and free for individual use.

zant 13:42 29 Apr 07

Thank you buteman will check that Norton isn't doing a scan. Mailwasher is allowed in my firewall.

zant 13:48 29 Apr 07

Thanks Miros. Mailbox Dispatcher 2 is also very good but would like to solve my MWPro problem if possible.

zant 14:28 29 Apr 07

Hi buteman. Disabled Norton regret no change.

birdface 14:43 29 Apr 07

Zant unfortunately just uninstalling norton does not work.You have to remove it with the Norton removal tool, click here .If you run the uninstaller and then run C Cleaner,And then reinstall Norton. Its the only way to do a clean install.I would just do that if you have no luck with any other help that you may recieve.

zant 14:56 29 Apr 07

Many thanks buteman for all your help. If all else fails will go the full uninstall route in a day or so when I can locate the disc which is to hell and gone somewhere in my loft! (I hope)

birdface 14:57 29 Apr 07

Hi, Was just thinking it might work with mailwasher,Uninstall mailwasher ,Run C Cleaner, And reinstall Mailwasher, Worth a try.

zant 16:29 29 Apr 07

Hello, Thanks again. Have been that route and even attacked the registry to clean the lot out prior to reinstalling. MW help people have tried their best all to no avail. Your Norton method is one I hadn't heard about. I have found the Norton disc so tomorrow will give it a tonk. My wife has called to advise there is a bottle of chilled wine, pate and french bread awaiting my pleasure on the patio, with that I will close down and enjoy the better things! Will advise of progress ASAP.
PS I have CCleaner installed.

Miros 16:44 29 Apr 07

I discarded MailWasher PRO a long time ago, I use a combination of ePrompter click here and the aforementioned Spamfighter for my several e-mail address's. I take a quick look via ePrompter discard those I don't want, with a couple of clicks, then as a back up just in case I use Spamfighter in Outlook Express. I never have any problems with spam now. With ePrompter you can even examine the mail just to make sure it is crap without downloading to your PC.

Enjoy your pate, bread and wine:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now