Loading O/S

wicked willy 22:09 26 Sep 03

Out there is a vast amount of Knowledge,and if I may break into the reserves, I am Disabled and I want to install an O/S onto a formatted Computer which I will be buying off a company from E-Bay,And I don`t know where to start,or,where to get an older O/S ie 98/ 98se. and how to install the O/S.The computer is for my Daughter so that we can communicate with one another.Anyhelp would be Gratefully Received Thanks in Advance. Bill

krypt1c 22:24 26 Sep 03

You may be able to get a copy of 98 / 98se on ebay as well. You can get a copy of 98se for £69.00 or a copy of ME for £87.00 from click here

wicked willy 22:29 26 Sep 03

Thanks Kryptic for your thread I will be trying to get O/S from E-Bay, but I also want to know how to install the O/S onto a formatted hard drive, as I know how to reinstall it on this Preloaded win xp home but dont know on one that has no O/S installed on it Thanks Again

jojo_1 22:30 26 Sep 03
  xania 22:33 26 Sep 03

It is just possible that your PC will boot from CD, in which case just insert the OS install CD in the player and follow the on-screen instructions. If this does not work, you will need a bootable floppy disc to get you started. One created from any system from and including Windows 98 will include all the drivers to get the CD reader working. Then, at the a:\ prompt you type <e:setup> and follow the instuctions on the screen.

wicked willy 22:40 26 Sep 03

Thank You Gentlemen for your most appreciated Help and advice and now that I have got the Advice I will be putting it into Practice next Weekend , This Forums Help is WORTH its weight in Gold, Thanks once again Bill

krypt1c 22:47 26 Sep 03

Once you've installed your os don't forget a firewall [zone alarm free] click here
antivirus [avg free] click here
spyware tools [adaware & sbybot} click here & click here There are various other spyware tools here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…